Changing Your Family Court Order

When you first get divorced, a court order is put into place based on your current circumstances. In the following months or years, your life can significantly change, therefore making it nearly impossible or unreasonable to keep up with the agreements that were previously set in place. These might be agreements concerning child support, child custody, alimony, etc.

If you have experienced significant changes in your life, our Westchester County and Fairfield County divorce lawyer at Karen Bosshart, Esq., LLC can help you request a modification. This process involves showing the court why the proposed changes are necessary.

Here are some of the many reasons that a family court order may need to be modified:

  • Sudden illness
  • Changes in employment
  • Changes in marital status
  • Relocation by one of the parties
  • Emergency situations

Legal Assistance in Fairfield County & Westchester County

Although the changes in your life may be valid, you cannot simply stop adhering to the terms of your court order—you must handle the situation in the right manner by receiving a formal modification. Our divorce attorney is here to guide you through the modification process, and to present a strong argument to the judge on your behalf. We take cases in Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess counties in New York, and also in Fairfield County in Connecticut. Please call us today for a case consultation at (203) 431-6500 (Connecticut) or (914) 244-3100 (New York)!

Why Choose Us?

  • Over 30 Years of Experience
  • High Client Satisfaction
  • Dedicated to Personal Attention
  • Skilled Negotiator
  • Trial Attorney