Our Areas of Practice
Fairfield County & Westchester County Divorce Attorney
Family-related legal issues, especially those having to do with divorce, can be incredibly devastating to you and your children. At the office of Karen Bosshart, Esq., LLC, our Westchester County and Fairfield County divorce lawyer and mediator can help you navigate the complexities of the issues you are facing. No matter what types of family law matter you are dealing with, we will work to reach the best outcome for you and your loved ones. We work on cases in Fairfield County, CT, as well as Dutchess, Putnam, and Westchester counties in NY.
The legal services we offer include:
- Mediation: An alternative to litigation in handling a divorce is mediation. It can be a much more civil and cost-effective way to handle all of the delicate issues you are facing.
- Divorce litigation: Although it may not be your preference, divorce litigation may be necessary. We can go to court and fight on your behalf if litigation is needed in your divorce case.
- Alimony: If you believe that you should be paid alimony after a divorce, we can assist you with working out the finer details of the agreement so that it is fair and concise.
- Child support: If you are going through a divorce and you have children, you and your spouse (or the court) will need to determine whether child support is necessary and who will be required to pay it. The amount will be based on a mathematical formula, along with a number of other factors.
- Child custody & visitation: Do you need help navigating your child custody and visitation agreement? We know that these issues are delicate and handle them appropriately.
- Relocation: When a parent relocates after a divorce, that parent may have to get his or her child custody agreement changed in order to take the child with him / her. Our firm can assist with relocation cases.
- Grandparent rights: Are you a grandparent who is being unjustly kept from your grandchild after a divorce in the family? If so, it may be possible for you to seek visitation through your grandparent rights.
- Restraining orders & orders of protection: When allegations of domestic violence of child abuse are made, there is often a restraining order or an order of protection filed against one of the parties involved. We can help clients deal with these types of orders.
- Prenuptial & postnuptial agreements: Before you get married or after you have had your wedding, there may be certain agreements you would like to put in writing, and we can help.
- Enforcement: If your spouse is not following the instructions listed in a family court order, you may need an attorney to help you get the order enforced.
- Modifications: Over time, your circumstances can dramatically change, therefore resulting in the need for a change to your divorce or family law order. We can help you request the necessary modifications.
Please give us a call todayat (914) 244-3100 in New York or at (203) 431-6500 in Connecticut to make an appointment for a consultation!
Why Choose Us?
- Over 30 Years of Experience
- High Client Satisfaction
- Dedicated to Personal Attention
- Skilled Negotiator
- Trial Attorney